Summer Reading Program
Special Summer Programs
● Storytime with Ms. Anna
● Teen Film Camp
● Pre-K (0-5)
● School Age (6-12)
● Teen (13-18)
● Begins on June 16, ends on July
● Participants will
receive a reading record and an assortment of goodies upon signing up.
● At any time during the program, you may
turn in your record to get a new one.
● Your record does not have to be completed
to receive a new record.
● It is important to always put your name
on your record before turning it in.
● Each block on the reading record counts
as 20 minutes. Even if you write a specific number in each block, we
will count it as 20.
● Weekly prizes and Top Reader prizes will be
awarded throughout the summer (see below) for turning in reading records.
● The last day to turn in a reading record
(to count towards a Top Reader prize) is August 1.
● Any reading record turned in after August
1 will NOT count towards Top Reader prize minutes.
● Everyone who signs up will receive a
certificate of achievement at the end of the summer.
● Certificates and Top Reader prizes may be picked up
starting August 5.
● Minutes must come from books read
during the Summer Reading Program.
● Listening to someone read or listening to
an audiobook counts towards minutes.
● Magazines, newspapers, any online
reading (like fanfiction), and comics also count towards minutes.
● Books do not have to be solely from
library system - any book is fine.
● Weekly prizes will be given ONLY during the
month of July to anyone 11 or under.
● You must turn in a reading record to
receive a prize.
● Only one prize per week per participant,
no matter the number of minutes read.
● Due to limitations, prizes will be
awarded on a first-come, first serve basis - meaning, by the end of any
given week, we may have run out of prizes.
● At the end of the Summer Reading
Program, minutes will
be tallied. Top Reader prizes will be awarded to the top readers in
each of the age categories listed above.
● Special programming is SEPARATE
from the Independent Summer Reading Program. You do not have to do one
to do the other.
● You MUST sign up in advance for ALL
special programs except Gaming & Anime Club.
● Sign up sheets will be available to the
public one week prior to the program.
● As spaces are limited, we ask that
you call and cancel if you find you'll be unable to attend
● If you do not sign up for the program and
wish to attend, you will be asked to wait outside until 2-3 minutes prior to
the program start time just to make sure there is room.
● A parent or guardian should
accompany all children to pre-k programming.
● Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior to
the program start time. Once the program has begun, late arrivals will
NOT be admitted. (This does not apply to Gaming & Anime Club.)